Friday, January 30, 2009

What do you want to be son?

So I asked my son who is going to be 12 in one month yesterday," What do you want to be when you grow up? "
He said "Mom I am just trying hard to be a kid." I said, " Oh yeah," and he said, " Yeah, I want to be kid for little longer." I said, "Ok." My eight year old when asked says, " I am going to be chef". I said, " Are you sure, you are only eight that is big decision to make for the rest of your life." He said, " Yes, I am." The oldest one does not surprise me b/c he is just big ole kid. He still wants to sit on my lap and hug. Which is fine I am trying to hug him as much as I can b/c soon he will be grown and thinking about moving on his own. It is 6 years to him being 18.

My younger one does not surprise either he has been talking about having his own restrauant since he was six and we were out on a mommy and son date. He told me as we sat waiting on our pizza he was going to have one and there would be tables for kids and adults. I asked him why and if he wanted to sit on his own and he said no. I just want to be able to touch the floor.
Then I began thinking how I as mother would be to them when they were grown and found myself thinking I know how to be a mom to a kid but how to be a mom to a grown son is whole new thing I need to be praying about. Thank you Lord for helping me see I need to prepare but also helping me cherish the time and "Be still". I am just trying hard to be a mom and reminding me even though my feet touch the floor I still have growing to do in You.

No comments: