Saturday, September 13, 2008

Hurricane Safari

Parker is 8! No more little boys. But oh my... I love you dear Parker and am so thankful for the past 8 years. I can' t believe they have gone so fast. A friend the other day reminded me of a book on preteens and the book says 8-12 years old. A new era in our house, my boys are growing into young men and I am riding on the fastest ride I ever imagined. I am so thankful for the kisses and hugs and the out of the blue " I love you momma" ( Yes, both boys still say momma and not mother or mom I am so thankful for each time I hear that). Parker was so excited about his Safari party. We have been planning this and no rain was going to dampen our day. We debated all morning whether to move it to our house or keep it at the park.. We kept it at the park all the kiddos had a blast it was perfect for boys especially... My husband thought of us just using trash bags as rain coats. We hid animals in the trees and the rest they just played in rain. I don't think Parker will ever forget this one. Parker always comes up with great ideas for parties. They are simple but so much fun. Children teach us so much. Just enjoy the blessings God give us each day and wow how perfect was it that it was a warm rainy day for our safari party day. But more special to spend it with you Parker!!!!
Psalm 66:5 "Come and see the works of God; He is awesome in His doing toward the sons of men."

Landon enjoying brother's birthday just as much with friend

AHHH those eyes and that smile who could resist..

1 comment:

mom2camo said...

Looks like a great time. So sorry we missed it, but glad we got to get to spend time later! Can't believe Parker's 8!