Friday, February 12, 2010

Sunday is Valentines day..........

I used to hate Valentines day when I was young and single. Then I got okay with it but I was still single. I remember wondering if I would ever marry. I had dates, but after spending a month with someone I knew it was not the right one. I had men that pursued me and thought it was beautiful. I was so arrogant and high maintenance I am amazed the Lord brought someone to my life. I did have one person I dated for a year my first year of college. We fought all the time. I was very strong and independent was not going to be controlled. I wanted my education and career. Looking back he was not my true love he was the one God was using to train me. He ended up leaving and moving away to another state. I was devastated. He wanted me to move with him and leave everything with no guarantees. I was not willing not without a ring. I was 19.

At 22, after many a heart break I met my true love. I was not walking with the Lord like I thought I was but God brought this sweet soul into my life at time I hated men. When we talk about grace and mercy... every time I look at my sweet David I not only see this wonderful man I am married to but What a loving God I have. I was not strong and very much a sinner and very lost but God worked it all out. Don't get me wrong David was not walking with Lord either, but for some reason God showed mercy on us both. David had never really been to church nor even read the bible. At 19 after that horrible breakup I prayed to God a selfish prayer. God I want a man to love, to love me, and to have a family and I want to raise my children in church and be a Christian family. Did I know what I was praying? No. Did I know biblical what God expected out of woman or man? No. Did I have grandparents and parents that raised me in church and prayed for me? Yes. How thankful I am for strong faithful believers in my life who were and are prayer warriors.

Romans 8:26 " In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans words cannot express."

David and I have been married this August 2 for 14 years. Everyone except for my parents thought we would not make it past the first year, but God had other plans. He later saved us, we repented and now walk with God. We both will tell you it is God who has made our marriage work. So, let me tell about the godly man, my Valentine, that God made. God made him to love Him first. God gave him a thirst and love for His word. God made him into a man that loves me as Jesus loves the church. God made him into a man that protects me and holds me accountable to God's word. God is growing him into a loving father. God made him mission minded and Kingdom minded. God made him moldable and teachable. God has made him bold over the past few years. God gave him a servant heart. Anyone that knows my sweet David will say he is one of kindest souls you will meet. Is David perfect? No. Is David being molded into Christ's image by our Faithful loving Father? Yes.

I am truely Grateful to our God for giving me the desires of my heart as it says in the psalms.

As an apple tree so is my beloved among the young men. With great delight I sat in his shadow, and his fruit was sweet to my taste. Solomon 2:3

2 comments:

mom2camo said...

Sweet! Glad the Lord brought David into your life!

Marci said...

Beautiful post Paige!