Friday, January 1, 2010

A New Year....what touch will I leave for God on other's?


As I spoke of in my last post I am reading a book called Feminine Appeal and in it she speaks of making our home express that we love God. What do people see when they visit our home? Do we make our homes helpful to our husbands and comfortable haven for our families. This has been process over the past years in my life. I am continuing to grow in these areas and now I pray for my sons' if it is God's will for them to marry that their wives are being trained in a biblical home. I pray that we are raising our boys to be biblical men. I pray for the Lord to surround us with like minded friends to help us grow in our biblical roles and help encourage our children to grow in those roles as well.


As, I have been studying this past months on my role and praying for my husband and boys. The Lord has guided and answered in many ways by bringing great women into my life.


Last night we had a New Year's eve party. There were 40 people in our home, and 8 girls were in it from the different families. These families are raising their girls to be biblical women. Our Youngest son came walking in " Girls, uh mommy ( I love that he is 9 and still calls me mommy) you are never going to believe what they did to Super Bear..."


I had a very worn tu-tu in his dress up box for the little girls I babysit to wear. In fact I had forgot it was in there and through all the superhero, policeman, fireman, star wars, and armor of God dress up they found the one feminine thing I had which was a pink tu-tu with a feather waistband that was a little ripped, but these wonderful girls made something very beautiful for Super Bear to wear instead of him wearing his Superman outfit.... They made a very beautiful dress, and you would have never known it was a ripped tu-tu... Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Proverbs 31 says.. "She makes coverings for her bed; she is clothed in fine linen and purple." What a precious touch some precious little girl left in our home full of males and superbears...It was such a blessing!


I pray to be a Proverbs 31 woman. I pray for Proverbs 31 women to be in my life as friends, and I also pray for my sons to marry Proverbs 31 women.


What touch do you leave?

No comments: