Saturday, January 16, 2010

Psalm 23:4 - "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for Thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me."

Ever had times where you felt you were a reproach to everyone. I have. I don't want to even tell anyone when I have those times, b/c i don't want empty pity or someone just being nice and saying they are my friend b/c they don't want my feelings hurt. I have found friends are even fickle. They are there one day and gone the next. But God is constant. I know no matter who is trying to comfort me only God can. I got this verse today it brought great comfort. I know self-pity is a sin. God is with me and I keep asking Him am I reproach to you. The only thing that matters to me at this time is that I please Him. He meets with me every morning and evening. Yet again I am reminded when we seek Him, He is always there. When I am in His presence I don't feel rejected or insecure, He convicts me of my short sightedness and lack of trust but I don't feel insecure nor rejected like I do by so many others. I have felt so alone with crowds yet in my time with Lord I never have felt alone.

No comments: