Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Prayer for Haiti and for those suffering in Mexico too.

OH Lord, You are mighty, and when we having nothing you are a refuge. You are Provider of all things. Through disaster we cry out to you it shows us that we need a Savior, a King, Jehovah. For you are the one who are Creator. When there is no medical help, no security, no home, only pain and desperation You are Provider. You hear the cries of your people. You never sleep. Your eyes roam to and fro. YOu see all and all is for Your Glory.Remind those who feel left and abandoned that You are faithful. You never leave nor forsake. You are the True Healer, the Great Physician. You love the orphan and the widow and you command your children to care for them. Oh Lord hide those who are in Haiti and Mexico living in fear and confusion to be hidden in shadow of your wings. Be Father, Abba, to those precious children who have no parent. I am so thankful to be able to come to You and pray on their behalf. Be with those who are going to serve them. Be with the missionaries, and the pastors and other believers in the countries to be strengthened in their faith and Trust in You. Remind them they are the apple of your eye. It pains You. You are the Compassionate High Priest. You are Emmanuel God with Us. Remind them You are over all. You will not let the waters overflow them as it says in your word nor the fires consume them. YOu will provide a way in the wilderness, and water in the desert. You abhor evil. YOu are Holy and all things work for Your Glory. You are a God of Mercy, yet You are Just... You will Redeem, Restore and Deliver. Make us into Your likeness let us not be blind to see this as a time to seek You and Your Will and Guidance. Let us also find comfort that You are near and soon we will have no more tears, no more suffering. You are the Keeper of all our tears. You know the hairs on our head. Your plans will not be thwarted. Reign in our lives Oh, Lord!! Let us love others, let us be vessels for You to show Your love through our hands, our prayers, our words, our actions, ...our lives. Let us be doers of Your Word. Let us be satisfied in You and only You. Make us compassionate and willing to sacrifice for You oh, Lord to help those who are in pain and suffering. Let us be doers of the word but also help others see who You are always direct them to see You as Creator, God and King. Forgive me for not being as strong in Trust and guide me to not be complacent, give me Your eyes, Your voice, Your actions, Your heart Lord. I want to be a slave to You. I want my focus to be kingdom focused. This time is only a moment... all things and items can be gone but our eternity is forever. Guide me in How You want to be help these who are suffering and any who cross my path on a daily basis.

Psalm 17:6 I call upon you, for you will answer me, O God;incline your ear to me; hear my words.7 Wondrously show your steadfast love,O Savior of those who seek refuge from their adversaries at your right hand.8 Keep me as the apple of your eye;hide me in the shadow of your wings,9 from the wicked who do me violence,my deadly enemies who surround me.
10 They close their hearts to pity;with their mouths they speak arrogantly.11 They have now surrounded our steps;they set their eyes to cast us to the ground.12 He is like a lion eager to tear,as a young lion lurking in ambush.13 Arise, O Lord! Confront him, subdue him!Deliver my soul from the wicked by your sword,14 from men by your hand, O Lord,from men of the world whose portion is in this life. You fill their womb with treasure;they are satisfied with children,and they leave their abundance to their infants.
15 As for me, I shall behold your face in righteousness;when I awake, I shall be satisfied with your likeness.

No comments: