Thursday, January 7, 2010


A simple craft to do on a cold cold cold day.... but make sure you have some time to get the wiggles and giggles out after.


We made igloos out of a plastic cup. I cut a door in it and the children iced it with white icing and placed cut up marshmallows on it. You are supposed to use minature ones but all I had were the large ones. It was a fun snack and craft all in one. I have always loved allowing my children to do messy crafts. I have always wanted to be a place where the kids could paint, play with play doh, or do any craft they wanted. My grandmother was that way with me. I loved going to her house in the summer we would do homemade dough and bake it and paint it. We also made Turkeys out of gords at Thanksgiving and many more crafts at differenst seasons. She even taught me how to sketch. She always told me my scribbles were art. I loved her view of things and today I know she would have loved our igloos. I am happy to pass this precious legacy on to my children. Make time to do some art with a child you never know what you are creating or how you are influencing the artist... I am not the most talented I can make good sugar cookies but my icing decorating could use some help, but what matters most is making memories and enjoying children right? A little spilt milk can always be wiped up. It's the time and memories that are priceless. I think I will always be a big kid at heart. I love seeing things through a child's eye they have such better vision than we adults at times.


"Permit the children to come to Me; do not hinder them; for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 15 "Truly I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it at all." 16 And He took them in His arms and began blessing them, laying His hands upon them. (Mark 10:13-16 NASB)

No comments: